A special piping system was installed for the municipality of Peio, which combines the advantages of a concrete rink and flexible use of the ice rink in 2 areas. The ice rink can be opened on 1.800 m² of ice surface, or reduced to 900 m² if professional teams no longer need to train and there is a reduced need for public skating.
The village is located in the Ortler group in the Stelvio National Park, on a sunny mountain slope with around 400 inhabitants. This year, a new sports field with a concrete area was built with the option to transform it into an ice rink during the winter period.
Goals of the common project
- Construction of the concrete area
- Realization of an ice rink in winter and multi-purpose rink in summer
- Multifunctional use of the area
- Possibility of reducing operating costs
- Installation of PPR piping with 2 separate cooling circuits
- Header lines with 2 valves
- Tichelmann system
- Operation using ecological brine